Salt Lake City police: Boy struck, killed at intersection
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Salt Lake City police say a 5-year-old boy died Saturday after he and his mother were struck by a car at an intersection.
Police said the woman was taken to a hospital for treatment of a leg injury.
Sgt. Brett Olsen said police were investigating whether the man driving the car was impaired.
No identities were released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered