The pilot wrote the message during a 24-minute flight on Monday after taking off from an airport in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, about 50 miles south of Vienna.
Austrian officials said there had been 1,843 reported cases of coronavirus in the country as of Thursday morning.
Lockdowns have been imposed all over the world in hopes of slowing the disease that has infected hundreds of thousands globally. Many countries have imposed flight restrictions as well.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
- Costco implements new policy limiting customers in the store (pageviews: 56666)
- Girl Scout cookies go online to keep your quarantine snacks stocked (pageviews: 9404)
- Grocery store to provide free digital thermometers (pageviews: 5136)
- Salt Lake County latest to issue "Stay Safe, Stay Home" order (pageviews: 3330)
- Coronavirus death rate is lower than previously reported, study says, but it's still deadlier than seasonal flu (pageviews: 3092)
- Paying rent and mortgages during the COVID-19 pandemic (pageviews: 2682)
- What you need to do to get your government stimulus check (pageviews: 2569)
- COVID-19 case count in Utah now at 719, officials say (pageviews: 1809)