IHC Launches Emotional Health Hotline During COVID-19 Pandemic
SALT LAKE CITY — Intermountain Healthcare has launched a free, new community call-in resource to help support patients, clinicians, and the public who are seeking to address emotional health concerns during these challenging times.
The hotline number was announced during the daily COVID-19 briefing by Utah state officials, including Utah Gov. Gary Herbert.
These are anxious times. @Intermountain has established an emotional health relief hotline you can call if you are feeling worried, stressed, or saddened. The hotline is free and available to everyone. pic.twitter.com/gVCE0fknO3
— Gov. Gary Herbert (@GovHerbert) April 9, 2020
Herbert explained that the hotline should be used by anyone who is feeling down or who’s mental well-being has otherwise been impacted by the strain of social distancing and, potentially, job loss or reduction due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
Anybody who calls will be connected to a care coordinator who can help with self-care tools, treatment options, crisis resources and more. The coordinators originate from the Intermountain Health Clinical Program and are described as trained caregivers from Intermountain’s COVID-19 call center.
“This pandemic has many factors,” said Mikell Moore, senior vice president of community health with IHC.
“Novelty, unpredictability, social isolation [all of which] can create and exacerbate stress.”
Moore says the hotline can be used by health care professionals, members of the community, and anybody who is looking for emotional guidance during what she called, “these uncertain times.”
The hotline is free and available seven days a week from 10 am to 10 pm. The telephone number is 833-442-2211.
Moore says that interpretation for twenty different languages is also provided on the hotline.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says