IHC Launches Emotional Health Hotline During COVID-19 Pandemic
SALT LAKE CITY — Intermountain Healthcare has launched a free, new community call-in resource to help support patients, clinicians, and the public who are seeking to address emotional health concerns during these challenging times.
The hotline number was announced during the daily COVID-19 briefing by Utah state officials, including Utah Gov. Gary Herbert.
These are anxious times. @Intermountain has established an emotional health relief hotline you can call if you are feeling worried, stressed, or saddened. The hotline is free and available to everyone. pic.twitter.com/gVCE0fknO3
— Gov. Gary Herbert (@GovHerbert) April 9, 2020
Herbert explained that the hotline should be used by anyone who is feeling down or who’s mental well-being has otherwise been impacted by the strain of social distancing and, potentially, job loss or reduction due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
Anybody who calls will be connected to a care coordinator who can help with self-care tools, treatment options, crisis resources and more. The coordinators originate from the Intermountain Health Clinical Program and are described as trained caregivers from Intermountain’s COVID-19 call center.
“This pandemic has many factors,” said Mikell Moore, senior vice president of community health with IHC.
“Novelty, unpredictability, social isolation [all of which] can create and exacerbate stress.”
Moore says the hotline can be used by health care professionals, members of the community, and anybody who is looking for emotional guidance during what she called, “these uncertain times.”
The hotline is free and available seven days a week from 10 am to 10 pm. The telephone number is 833-442-2211.
Moore says that interpretation for twenty different languages is also provided on the hotline.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Sacheen Littlefeather, Native American activist and actress, dead at 75
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial