Sanders announces he will endorse Biden for president
The Vermont senator made the announcement in a livestream video.
“We need you in the White House. I will do all that I can to see that that happens, Joe,” Sanders said to Biden during the livestream.
“Today, I am asking all Americans, I’m asking every Democrat, I’m asking every Independent, I’m asking a lot of Republicans, to come together in this campaign to support your candidacy, which I endorse,” Sanders continued.
During the broadcast, he told supporters his staff and Biden’s staff are in talks about the need for task forces for health care, education, the economy and other critical areas.
“I look forward to working with you and bringing some great people into those task forces,” he said.
“I think that your endorsement means a great deal. It means a great deal to me,” Biden said.
“I think people are going to be surprised that we are apart on some issues but we’re awfully close” on others, Biden said. “I’m going to need you — not just to win the campaign, but to govern.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- The countdown is over… what does Training Table have cooking up?
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- Million dollar traffic stop in St. George
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- UPDATE: SLCPD releases new information about Meadows Park shooting
- Zion National Park announces Fat Squirrel Week… it might not be what you think
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Uvalde schools suspend entire police force after outrage