Motorcycle crash kills man near Huntsville Sunday morning
HUNTSVILLE, Weber County — One man died Sunday morning after a motorcycle crash when he ran off the road near Huntsville.
The incident happened about 9:55 a.m., according to the Utah Department of Public Safety. A 77-year-old man was traveling north on his motorcycle on Trappers Loop Road when he ran off the right side of the road and onto a grassy hillside.
“The driver continued traveling through the grass for approximately 200 yards before crashing,” the department said.
A medical helicopter was dispatched; the man, however, died of his injuries at the scene. His name was not released Sunday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- ‘Senseless crime’: The victims of July Fourth shootings
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses