Motorcycle crash kills man near Huntsville Sunday morning
HUNTSVILLE, Weber County — One man died Sunday morning after a motorcycle crash when he ran off the road near Huntsville.
The incident happened about 9:55 a.m., according to the Utah Department of Public Safety. A 77-year-old man was traveling north on his motorcycle on Trappers Loop Road when he ran off the right side of the road and onto a grassy hillside.
“The driver continued traveling through the grass for approximately 200 yards before crashing,” the department said.
A medical helicopter was dispatched; the man, however, died of his injuries at the scene. His name was not released Sunday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- One person flees I-15 crash in Murray
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance’ singer-actor Irene Cara dies at 63
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished