(CNN) — That cap and gown may not go to waste after all.
Krispy Kreme is making sure the outfits are put to good use, even with many graduation ceremonies canceled due to the closure of schools from the spread of coronavirus.
On Tuesday, Krispy Kreme will give its “Graduate Dozen” boxes to high school or college seniors who visit any Krispy Kreme dressed in their graduation caps and gowns or “Class of 2020” shirts or gear.
The box spells out 2020 in three rows, and it comes with chocolate-iced kreme-filled, strawberry-iced kreme-filled, cake batter-filled and yellow-iced original glazed doughnuts.
“We feel for all of the high school and college seniors,” Krispy Kreme chief marketing officer Dave Skena said in a statement. “We wish they had that moment of walking across the stage and getting their diploma. We can’t replace that … but we thought we could help them safely have a little fun and enjoy a special ‘Graduate Dozen’ on us.”
The “Graduate Dozen” boxes can also be purchased from May 18-24 via drive-thru by ordering through Krispy Kreme’s website or app.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 36898)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 9724)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 7881)
- Police: Man turns himself in after killing Tinder date (pageviews: 6513)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening 14 more temples (pageviews: 3929)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3810)
- No pool? No problem. With Swimply, you can rent one (pageviews: 3140)
- Police say woman killed after meeting a man on a Tinder date (pageviews: 2473)
- Four more Utah COVID-19 deaths and 203 new cases since Friday (pageviews: 1939)