Officer-involved shooting leaves one suspect dead in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, UT — Salt Lake City police say one man is dead early Saturday morning after an officer-involved shooting near 900 South 300 West. Salt Lake Police Sgt. Keith Horrocks says officers on a call around 2 a.m. of threats with a gun encountered a male suspect who then fled the scene. A short time later, Horrocks says shots were fired during a confrontation with the suspect.
“At this point in time we believe there may be a second suspect that’s outstanding but we don’t feel like there’s any threat to the community,” according to Horrocks during a press briefing on the police department’s Facebook page.
The deceased suspect has not yet been identified, but is a male Hispanic, according to Horrocks. All officers involved are OK and the Unified Police Department is handling the investigation going forward.
KSL NewsRadio will continue to follow this officer-involved shooting as it is a developing story.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman