Evacuations ordered after fast-moving fire in Juab County
SALT LAKE CITY — A quickly burning fire in an area known as Rocky Ridge in Juab County has forced home evacuations.
Utah Fire Info reports the blaze has burned at least 250 acres in an area where many homes have been built recently.
Rocky Ridge is south of Santaquin and north of Nephi, just northeast of the Mona Reservoir.
Additional resources have been ordered to help fight the fire. This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High