Planning on traveling this holiday weekend? Keep an eye out for airline policies
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) — With the holiday weekend approaching, some are people are still planning to travel. Those flying will notice new airline policies put in place during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Slowly, more and more people are getting comfortable with the idea of traveling during a pandemic.
“In May, it started to rebound a little bit. Compared to the prior year, we were down just 90 percent and thus far in June, we’re down about 82 percent. So, we’re seeing travel pick up just a little bit,” said Kama Simmons, spokeswoman for Portland International Airport.
At PDX, signs are almost everywhere reminding travelers to mask up.
It’s a requirement at the airport and on all flights.
“All carriers serving Portland right now require face coverings as well. So that’s really a piece of the traveling experience that should be consistent for folks,” Simmons said. “It’s in the airport, it’s on the airplane. You just have to remember to wear your face covering.”
With each airline, there are different measures they’re taking to ensure passengers safety.
For example, middle seats on Delta and Southwest flights will remain open in order to keep space between travelers.
Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses