Utah Task Force 1 sent to Oregon to assist with search efforts
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Task Force 1, a team comprised of 80 members from multiple agencies in the Salt Lake Valley, announced that it was activated early Saturday morning to help assist with wide-area search efforts in Oregon.
The task force will join the FEMA Red 1st, Washington Task Force 1 and 1MRP Canine Search Team Human Remains Detection Nevada Task Force1.
Early this morning, Utah Task Force 1 was activated to respond as a Type 1 Team, comprised of 80 members from multiple…
On Saturday, Oregon fire officials reported that more than 1,400 square miles have burned and dozens of people are missing. On Friday, Oregon Gov. Kate Brown said that nearly 500,000 people have either been told to evacuate or prepare to do so.
Also on Saturday and for an undisclosed reason, Oregon’s state fire marshal was placed on administrative leave. Jim Walker was replaced by Mariana Ruiz-Temple.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Letters from surviving roommates read at church memorial service for slain University of…
- Lawmakers propose all-day kindergarten bill, UEA fully supports it
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Bob McGrath, original ‘Sesame Street’ cast member, dead at 90
- Elon Musk speaks out on ‘Twitter Files’ release detailing platform’s inner…
- Utah Avalanche Awareness Week is underway