Utah Task Force 1 sent to Oregon to assist with search efforts
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Task Force 1, a team comprised of 80 members from multiple agencies in the Salt Lake Valley, announced that it was activated early Saturday morning to help assist with wide-area search efforts in Oregon.
The task force will join the FEMA Red 1st, Washington Task Force 1 and 1MRP Canine Search Team Human Remains Detection Nevada Task Force1.
Early this morning, Utah Task Force 1 was activated to respond as a Type 1 Team, comprised of 80 members from multiple…
On Saturday, Oregon fire officials reported that more than 1,400 square miles have burned and dozens of people are missing. On Friday, Oregon Gov. Kate Brown said that nearly 500,000 people have either been told to evacuate or prepare to do so.
Also on Saturday and for an undisclosed reason, Oregon’s state fire marshal was placed on administrative leave. Jim Walker was replaced by Mariana Ruiz-Temple.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend