UPDATE: Man fatally shot by police in Herriman is identified
HERRIMAN, Utah — The man who died after an officer-involved shooting on Solofax Lane near 5300 West in Herriman has been identified.
Commander Zack Adams has identified the deceased as Isaac Lemoine Christensen, age 38, of Salt Lake City
Herriman police say officers were responding to a call late Tuesday night of a protective order violation.
“While en route, officers were advised that the male suspect was armed,” said Adams.
He said when officers arrived around 10 p.m., they heard several gunshots and encountered and challenged an adult male.
“At some point, he presented a threat and was engaged by two officers in the Herriman City Police Department,” said Adams.
The man was pronounced dead on the scene.
The officers were not injured and are now on routine paid administrative leave. Herriman officers do wear body cameras, so any footage will be turned over to investigators.
A protocol incident team has taken over the investigation. A Unified Police Mobile Command unit was parked by the yellow caution tape.
Homes on the street consist of a row of side-by-side condos. Police say if any neighbors witnessed anything or have doorbell cameras or other information, they can call Unified Police at 801-840-4000 and ask for Detective Sgt. Vaughn Allen.
Mobile command units rolling out and @HerrimanPolice beginning to take down scene tape where a deadly officer involved shooting occurred following a reported violation of a protective order. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/IxTgfVNWGP
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 28, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist