An unplanned Pac-12 matchup as Utah travels to Washington
SEATTLE (AP) — The uncertainty of the 2020 college football season was on full display in the Pac-12 this week. Instead of Washington facing Washington State and Utah taking on Arizona State, it will be the Huskies and Utes meeting on Saturday in Seattle.
The teams quickly arranged the game to avoid more cancellations due to COVID-19 issues.
Washington is 2-0 and coming off a win over Arizona.
Utah had its first two games canceled and has only played once, a loss to USC.
South Carolina transfer Jake Bentley will start at quarterback for Utah after Cameron Rising suffered a season-ending shoulder injury in the opener.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour