Universal Music buying Bob Dylan’s entire song catalog
Bob Dylan’s entire catalog of songs, which reaches back 60 years and is among the most prized next to that of the Beatles, is being acquired by Universal Music Publishing Group.
Tthe deal covers 600 song copyrights including “Blowin’ In The Wind,” “The Times They Are a-Changin’,” and “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door,” “Tangled Up In Blue.”
Dylan has sold more than 125 million records globally. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2016, the first songwriter to receive such a distinction.
Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Suspect arrested, one victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Tom Brady announces retirement: ‘I’m retiring for good’
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility