South Jordan construction worker dies by electrocution
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — A construction worker was killed by electrocution Monday morning near Warren’s restaurant at 37th West and 114th South in South Jordan.
South Jordan Police Sergeant Eric Hill said the victim was working on an electrical connection box when other workers witnessed a flash and a noise.
Several witnesses told police they saw and heard the accident at the site and called fire officials to report an electrical fire.
The man has been identified as 50-year-old Shaun Robertson of Herriman. According to a statement from the City of South Jordan, Robertson was a contract worker for Rocky Mountain Power (RMP).
RMP had to shut off electricity to the neighborhood while they investigated the accident.
No one else was hurt when the electrocution happened. Rocky Mountain Power and the Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are investigating.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Church of Jesus Christ announces hack affecting community members’ personal data
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Severe weather created a busy weekend for Grand County Search and Rescue