Woman killed by ex-boyfriend in Utah grocer’s parking lot
OGDEN, Utah (AP) — Authorities in Utah say a 41-year-old woman was shot and killed in a grocery store parking lot by an ex-boyfriend who later shot himself following an hours-long standoff with police.
The unnamed suspect in the violent confrontation in Ogden survived and police said he was in critical condition Saturday night.
Police say the suspect shot the woman in the parking lot at Smith’s grocery then fled the scene in a vehicle.
He was found nearby, armed with a semiautomatic handgun, and refused to surrender.
He shot himself after police negotiated with him for several hours.
Police told KSL TV reporter, Garna Mejia, they believe this shooting is related to domestic violence. If you or somebody you know is experiencing domestic violence, please call Utah’s 24-hour Linkline, at 1-800-897-5465.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?