Eurowings will fly to Germany from SLC
SALT LAKE CITY — The German airline Eurowings, a subsidiary of Lufthansa, will be flying from Salt Lake City to Frankfurt, Germany, three times a week starting next May. The announcement delighted Salt Lake City Airport Director Bill Wyatt, who says expanded international service is what they’ve been hoping for with the new airport.
“We were out of room. We couldn’t accommodate a single new carrier,” Wyatt told KSL NewsRadio. “Now we have these beautiful new international gates and arrival facility, and I think this is just the beginning.”
SLC to Germany via Eurowings
Eurowings is a low-cost airline specializing in leisure travel.
Prior to the pandemic, Delta Airlines offered service from Salt Lake City to London, Paris and Amsterdam. Those flights stopped because of the pandemic, though Delta plans to resume its service to Amsterdam starting May 27th. In the future, Wyatt says they hope to add flights to Asia and possibly Latin America as well.
Right now, the only international service from Salt Lake City has been flights to beach resorts in Mexico and Mexico City, and a few flights to Canada.
“By next year, when Eurowings is scheduled in May, I think we’ll see the full palette of service and then some,” Wyatt said.
Eurowings also plans to offer flights from Las Vegas to Germany. McCarran International Airport will see two flights a week to Frankfurt.
Today’s Top Stories
- AP sources: At least 40 people found dead in back of tractor trailer
- Salt Lake City Police cancel Amber alert for 11-year-old girl
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- The newest, weirdest summer treat is a ketchup-flavored popsicle
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Temporary stay issued for Utah’s trigger law
- Lawmaker seeks to remove felony statute from Utah’s abortion trigger law
- The Utah primary election is expected to be ‘pretty normal’
- January 6 committee unexpectedly adds new hearing for Tuesday