Eurowings will fly to Germany from SLC
SALT LAKE CITY — The German airline Eurowings, a subsidiary of Lufthansa, will be flying from Salt Lake City to Frankfurt, Germany, three times a week starting next May. The announcement delighted Salt Lake City Airport Director Bill Wyatt, who says expanded international service is what they’ve been hoping for with the new airport.
“We were out of room. We couldn’t accommodate a single new carrier,” Wyatt told KSL NewsRadio. “Now we have these beautiful new international gates and arrival facility, and I think this is just the beginning.”
SLC to Germany via Eurowings
Eurowings is a low-cost airline specializing in leisure travel.
Prior to the pandemic, Delta Airlines offered service from Salt Lake City to London, Paris and Amsterdam. Those flights stopped because of the pandemic, though Delta plans to resume its service to Amsterdam starting May 27th. In the future, Wyatt says they hope to add flights to Asia and possibly Latin America as well.
Right now, the only international service from Salt Lake City has been flights to beach resorts in Mexico and Mexico City, and a few flights to Canada.
“By next year, when Eurowings is scheduled in May, I think we’ll see the full palette of service and then some,” Wyatt said.
Eurowings also plans to offer flights from Las Vegas to Germany. McCarran International Airport will see two flights a week to Frankfurt.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Utah’s film festival screens an all-Utah cast for Marylin Monroe film