BERYL, Utah — The Iron County Sheriff’s Office says a lightning strike ignited a fire in Beryl, Utah, which is now referred to as the Flatt Fire.
They say the fire started at approximately 1:20 p.m. near 200 S Old Modena Rd.
The fire is estimated to be 10,000 acres in size as of Saturday evening and is burning south from the starting point. Officials say it is 0% contained.
Evacuation orders are in place from 2000 South Old Modena Rd. east to 2400 West and south to Enterprise.
One structure has been reported as lost.
An evacuation center has been opened at Enterprise High School located at 565 South 200 East.
Evacuees are being asked to check in with a Red Cross volunteer upon arrival.
This is a developing story.
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- First Presidency urge masks be worn at all times in temples
- Family of former BYU and NFL player wins lawsuit against blinds manufacturer
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- Don’t second-guess Moab police in Gabby Petito case, says lawyer
- Body recovered, half-brother sought around Yellowstone lake
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- A cyclist in Roy is in critical condition after being run over multiple times
- Woman dead, man hurt after police chase and crash in Summit County
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints won’t provide vaccine exemptions