Heinz starts petition for packages of hot dogs and buns to match
Chances are you have probably enjoyed a hot dog straight off the barbeque over the Fourth of July weekend. If you did, you may have noticed a mismatch in the number of hot dogs that come in a package versus the number of buns that come in a package.
Heinz Ketchup thinks it’s time for that discrepancy to end and has started a petition to get the number of hot dogs and buns in a package to match.
“Hot dog wieners come in packs of 10. Hot dog buns come in packs of 8. WHY?!” That’s the question that Heinz Ketchup is asking as they start their petition to get packages of hot dogs and buns to come in equal numbers.
The condiment company says it’s about time the mismatch between beef franks and the bread they’re served on come in packages with the same number.
“As the condiment that has been bringing foods together for over 150 years, we’ve decided enough is enough. That’s why we started the Heinz Hot Dog Pact,” Heinz wrote on their Change.org petition.
“We’re calling on Big Bun and Big Wiener companies to find the answer to this hot dog packaging mismatch, once and for all. We need your signatures more than ever.
“Let’s change hot dog history together.”
— Heinz Ketchup Canada (@heinz_ca) July 6, 2021
The petition has a goal of gathering 15,000 signatures. So far, they’ve received more than 13,000 signatures in support of the change.
“It’s time to end the scourge of hot dog orphans!” Gene Black wrote on the page.
“It’s unamerican to have this imbalance of wieners to buns!” Jordan Simon added.
Heinz admitted while they don’t make either hot dogs, or buns, they still think they have a stake (not a steak) in the game.
“Heinz doesn’t make hot dogs. But we do make them better. So let’s make hot dogs better… 10 buns. 10 weiners. We can do this.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Church missionary serving in Alabama injured in a shooting
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- A man jumped out of taxiing airplane at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport
- U of U Utes win first Pac-12 championship; heading to the Rose Bowl
- How to tell if it’s time for a ‘sleep divorce’
- Tooele County man is taken into custody after child porn investigation
- Odgen police arrest man after making threats toward his family, police
- Utah, Utah State to play in conference title games this weekend
- Ten things you may not know about Jazz owner Ryan Smith
- Two-vehicle accident near Hurricane sends 3 people to the hospital