One dead following crash in Washington County
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — A three-vehicle accident Sunday morning in Washington County claimed the life of one driver.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol (UHP), a gold Chevy Cruze was northbound on I-15 at milepost 40 just before 10 a.m. The UHP report stated that the driver of the Cruze fell asleep and the vehicle veered to the right. Then, it made impact into the driver side rear tires of a semi-truck pulling a trailer of cargo.
The Cruze then lost control and came to a stop in one of the highway lanes. The semi-truck slowed down to avoid hitting it.
However, a silver Nissan Rogue, failed to slow down and rear-ended the semi-truck.
The driver of the Nissan was killed on impact. The passenger of the Nissan was transported to an area hospital in serious condition. The driver of the semi-truck was not injured.
I-15 northbound was limited to one lane for 2.5 hours, while first responders investigated the crash.
- Child injured after fatal crash on US-189 near Heber City
- Children account for half of Millard County pile-up fatalities
- Fatal crash on SR-32 near Oakley, driver wasn’t wearing seatbelt
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Fed approves small rate hike, nodding to improved inflation outlook