One dead following crash in Washington County
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — A three-vehicle accident Sunday morning in Washington County claimed the life of one driver.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol (UHP), a gold Chevy Cruze was northbound on I-15 at milepost 40 just before 10 a.m. The UHP report stated that the driver of the Cruze fell asleep and the vehicle veered to the right. Then, it made impact into the driver side rear tires of a semi-truck pulling a trailer of cargo.
The Cruze then lost control and came to a stop in one of the highway lanes. The semi-truck slowed down to avoid hitting it.
However, a silver Nissan Rogue, failed to slow down and rear-ended the semi-truck.
The driver of the Nissan was killed on impact. The passenger of the Nissan was transported to an area hospital in serious condition. The driver of the semi-truck was not injured.
I-15 northbound was limited to one lane for 2.5 hours, while first responders investigated the crash.
- Child injured after fatal crash on US-189 near Heber City
- Children account for half of Millard County pile-up fatalities
- Fatal crash on SR-32 near Oakley, driver wasn’t wearing seatbelt
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- The Queen Center
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Stay Home
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Water regulators say lawn care is causing the most strain to state reservoirs, call on…