Search and rescue teams help hiker who fell 30 feet at Bridal Veil Falls
UTAH COUNTY — Four hikers are lucky to have escaped serious injury while hiking at Bridal Veil Falls on Sunday.
A 19-year old male fell 30 feet and had to be rescued by helicopter in the dark. And a woman in the party was only wearing sandals.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon of the Utah County Sheriff’s office tweeted there were 13-team members along with a helicopter crew and other personnel trying to get the four ill-equipped hikers off the mountain at around 10:30pm
2/ You can see the degree of danger in these photos of #BridalVeilFalls. @UCSO_SAR had 13 team members on the mountain while @UtahDPS helicopter crew and @NorthForkFireUT provided rescue and medical assistance. And how many times have I said you MUST be properly equipped! pic.twitter.com/9d8VuMYalw
— Spencer Cannon (@SGTCannonPIO) August 23, 2021
One of the pictures shows a woman who was only wearing sandals. Cannon states the group did admit they were not properly prepared for the hike.
Experts say to always have proper footwear, plenty of food and water, and to carry a phone or locator device if you are going where cell service is not available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Montana man gets 3 years in prison for role in Capitol riot
- Grandson of two found dead at a home in Clearfield facing murder charges