Deadly start to Labor Day Weekend on Utah roads
SALT LAKE CITY — Two people were killed in accidents on Utah roads Friday night.
Ogden Police said the driver of a Ford F-150 was driving southbound on 1100 North at Washington Blvd. at approximately 6:30 Friday night when it crossed over the center line into northbound traffic.
That truck was hit head-on by a 2015 Ford F-350. The 40-year-old male driver of the F-150 that crossed into northbound traffic was declared dead on the scene.
The driver of the F-350, a 70-year-old woman, was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.
Another driver died later Friday night in Box Elder County.
Deputies had been called to the scene of what was described as a road rage incident on SR-13 near the Bear River Co-op in Corinne, and while investigating they got another call about a traffic accident on 2400 North in Corinne City.
When they arrived a the accident scene officers said they saw the same vehicle, a white 2004 Ford Econoline seen earlier near the Co-op, which had rolled several times, hit a fence and then came to rest in a residential yard against a tree.
Box Elder County Chief Deputy Dale Ward said the driver of the van had been ejected. A nurse on the scene and other deputies administered CPR, but the driver of the van was later pronounced dead on the scene. The driver was identified as Antonio Roque Trujillo, 40, believed to be a resident of Roy, Utah.
Ward said that alcohol use and excessive speed are believed to be factors in the fatal accident.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City