SALT LAKE CITY — Fire restrictions remain in place for much of northern Utah.
As the Labor Day weekend progresses, however, many of those restrictions have been lifted in the central and southern parts of Utah.
According to utahfireinfo.gov, campfires are restricted in the northern portion of the state. Cache, Box Elder, Weber and Rich counties are all in Stage II of the fire restrictions. Stage II means no open fires of any kind.
Ten counties in Stage 1
Ten counties including Davis, Salt Lake and Utah counties, are in Stage 1 of the fire restrictions. Stage I basically means there are no open fires except in campgrounds, picnic areas, or in permanently constructed fire pits. Under this stage, smoking is limited to an enclosed area. Additionally, no fireworks are allowed. The cutting of metal and the use of an ATV are also prohibited.
Morgan, Tooele, Summit, Daggett, Wasatch, Duchesne and Uintah counties are also in stage 1.
Counties with no restrictions
The following counties currently have no fire restrictions: Juab, Millard, Sanpete, Sevier, Piute, Wayne, Carbon, Emery, Grand, San Juan, Beaver, Iron, Washington, Garfield and Kane.
Despite the loosening of the restrictions in certain parts of the state, people cannot set off fireworks at this time at any location in Utah.
Fireworks are never permitted on US National land or in National Parks.
- Fire restrictions loosened at Manti-La Sal National Forest
- Northern Utah moves to Stage II fire restrictions ahead of Pioneer Day
- Fire restrictions announced for Utah BLM land, no makeshift campfires
- New fire restrictions outline what you can’t do in Utah
- Ahead of holiday weekend, fire restrictions coming for southern Utah
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Arches ranger remembers warning Gabby Petito about toxic relationship
- The search for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, resumes today in the Carlton…
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- Boyfriend of slain Gabby Petito charged with bank card fraud
- Law enforcement expert worries Moab’s investigation into Petito incident may be too narrow
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- Utah National Guard soldier dies in training exercises in Kentucky
- FBI: Remains found in Wyoming belong to Gabby Petito
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito