Fire restrictions still in place for most of northern Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — Fire restrictions remain in place for much of northern Utah.
As the Labor Day weekend progresses, however, many of those restrictions have been lifted in the central and southern parts of Utah.
According to utahfireinfo.gov, campfires are restricted in the northern portion of the state. Cache, Box Elder, Weber and Rich counties are all in Stage II of the fire restrictions. Stage II means no open fires of any kind.
Ten counties in Stage 1
Ten counties including Davis, Salt Lake and Utah counties, are in Stage 1 of the fire restrictions. Stage I basically means there are no open fires except in campgrounds, picnic areas, or in permanently constructed fire pits. Under this stage, smoking is limited to an enclosed area. Additionally, no fireworks are allowed. The cutting of metal and the use of an ATV are also prohibited.
Morgan, Tooele, Summit, Daggett, Wasatch, Duchesne and Uintah counties are also in stage 1.
Counties with no restrictions
The following counties currently have no fire restrictions: Juab, Millard, Sanpete, Sevier, Piute, Wayne, Carbon, Emery, Grand, San Juan, Beaver, Iron, Washington, Garfield and Kane.
Despite the loosening of the restrictions in certain parts of the state, people cannot set off fireworks at this time at any location in Utah.
Fireworks are never permitted on US National land or in National Parks.
- Fire restrictions loosened at Manti-La Sal National Forest
- Northern Utah moves to Stage II fire restrictions ahead of Pioneer Day
- Fire restrictions announced for Utah BLM land, no makeshift campfires
- New fire restrictions outline what you can’t do in Utah
- Ahead of holiday weekend, fire restrictions coming for southern Utah
Today’s Top Stories
- Police say Herriman woman tried to bribe an officer
- Black bear captured in Morgan County
- Fire sets off a propane explosion in Pleasant Grove
- California churchgoers detained gunman in deadly attack
- Be over the moon because total lunar eclipse coming Sunday to Utah
- iPhone sale gone wrong results in the arrest of a Salt Lake City man
- Dog thrown out of car taken in by South Salt Lake Animal Services
- A notorius ice skating hitman finds redemption through his sister’s eyes
- Dixie releases new logos ahead of official rebrand
- UPDATED: Suspect arrested in Salt Lake City fatal stabbing