ST. GEORGE, Utah — A motorcyclist was killed Sunday night in a two-vehicle accident in St. George.
According to the St. George Police Department, the motorcyclist was traveling southbound on 3050 East, when the man struck the passenger side of a northbound car whose driver was attempting to make a left turn; the motorcyclist was not able to stop in time.
When first responders arrived at the scene, the motorcyclist was unconscious and not breathing. Life-saving measures were performed on the victim before he was transferred to a hospital. He was pronounced dead a short time later.
Police say the victim, whose identity has not been released, was a male in his 40s. Authorities also say he was wearing a helmet, and that the brightness of the sun could have been a factor.
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Arches ranger remembers warning Gabby Petito about toxic relationship
- The search for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, resumes today in the Carlton…
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- Law enforcement expert worries Moab’s investigation into Petito incident may be too narrow
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- FBI: Remains found in Wyoming belong to Gabby Petito
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Utah National Guard soldier dies in training exercises in Kentucky
- FBI confirms body found in Grand Teton area matches Gabby Petito’s description