Pair of St. George crashes send three people to the hospital
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A pair of crashes Thursday evening in St. George sent three people, including two children, to the hospital.
Truck vs. children collision
Thursday evening around 6 p.m., emergency personnel were called to a incident involving a GMC truck and two children at the intersection 2880 East and 3110 South.
The two children, ages 10 and 6, were riding an electric stand-up scooter. The children were traveling on the south side of 3110 East and proceeded to enter the intersection at 2880 East. The scooter was struck by the front bumper on the passenger side.
The 10-year-old suffered minor injuries and was listed in stable condition at an area hospital. The 6-year-old was transported by LifeFlight to another hospital, but is also listed in stable condition.
The driver of the GMC truck is cooperating with authorities in the investigation of the crash.
Car vs Motorcycle
At around 8 p.m., Thursday evening, St. George first responders were called to 200 North and Bluff Street for a two-vehicle accident.
According to St. George police, the motorcycle was traveling northbound on Bluff Street when a car attempted to make a left turn in front of it. The motorcycle hit the rear passenger side of the car. The motorcyclist, a 20-year-old man, suffered injuries to the lower part of his body.
The driver of the car, 28-year-old female, was not injured in the accident. She has been cooperative with authorities.
- One man killed in Iron County Crash
- St. George crash claims life of motorcyclist
- Saturday morning crash on I-215 claims one life
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- A Google analysis shows which words are the most confusing to Americans
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Man throws Molotov cocktail at New Jersey synagogue in arson attempt, police say