One man in custody after a shooting in Roy
ROY, Utah — A man is in custody following a shooting Thursday evening in Roy.
According to Stuart Hackworth of the Roy City Police Department, first responders received a call of a shooting at a gas station in the area of 5100 South and 1900 West at 5:30 p.m.
When authorities arrived, they discovered an adult female, who had a single gun shot wound to the side. She was breathing and alert. Additionally, the victim was able to give police information on the suspect.
After fleeing the scene, the suspect was tracked down by police and taken into custody a short time later.
Hackworth says the two individuals knew each other.
“What their relationship is, I don’t know,” he said. “But they were known to each other.”
The victim was transported to an area hospital. The cause of the shooting is under investigation.
- Deadly force deemed as justified in officer-involved shooting at Pioneer Park
- Salt Lake City police make an arrest in last month’s triple shooting
Today’s Top Stories
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- Child dies after hit and run in West Valley
- One man dead after shooting in Draper early Thursday morning
- Utah Attorney General asks for permission to appeal trigger law injunction
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Canyons School District starting the year with a teacher and staff shortage
- Feds removed documents from Mar-a-Lago in June with grand jury subpoena
- Utah business Lions Not Sheep responds to FTC fraud claims
- Two Tooele houses struck by lightning in yesterday’s storm
- Breeze Airways announces additional flights out of Provo Airport