One man in custody after a shooting in Roy
ROY, Utah — A man is in custody following a shooting Thursday evening in Roy.
According to Stuart Hackworth of the Roy City Police Department, first responders received a call of a shooting at a gas station in the area of 5100 South and 1900 West at 5:30 p.m.
When authorities arrived, they discovered an adult female, who had a single gun shot wound to the side. She was breathing and alert. Additionally, the victim was able to give police information on the suspect.
After fleeing the scene, the suspect was tracked down by police and taken into custody a short time later.
Hackworth says the two individuals knew each other.
“What their relationship is, I don’t know,” he said. “But they were known to each other.”
The victim was transported to an area hospital. The cause of the shooting is under investigation.
- Deadly force deemed as justified in officer-involved shooting at Pioneer Park
- Salt Lake City police make an arrest in last month’s triple shooting
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Man throws Molotov cocktail at New Jersey synagogue in arson attempt, police say
- A Google analysis shows which words are the most confusing to Americans