ROY, Utah — A man is in custody following a shooting Thursday evening in Roy.
According to Stuart Hackworth of the Roy City Police Department, first responders received a call of a shooting at a gas station in the area of 5100 South and 1900 West at 5:30 p.m.
When authorities arrived, they discovered an adult female, who had a single gun shot wound to the side. She was breathing and alert. Additionally, the victim was able to give police information on the suspect.
After fleeing the scene, the suspect was tracked down by police and taken into custody a short time later.
Hackworth says the two individuals knew each other.
“What their relationship is, I don’t know,” he said. “But they were known to each other.”
The victim was transported to an area hospital. The cause of the shooting is under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home
- A motorcyclist is dead after crashing in West Jordan