Salt Lake City police make an arrest in last month’s triple shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department announced Sunday it has made an arrest in a triple-shooting that occurred in downtown last month.
Authorities arrested 27-year-old Rene Mendoza on Friday. He has been booked into the Salt Lake County Jail under investigation for three counts of aggravated assault.
The investigation began on Aug. 27 when authorities received a 911 call of a shooting at 2:09 a.m. The shooting happened near 32 East Exchange Place.
According to police, Mendoza fled the scene before authorities could arrive. Detectives reviewed surveillance video of the incident to identify Mendoza.
All three of the shooting victims, ages 22, 25 and 31, survived.
- Salt Lake City Police investigating early morning shooting
- Crime on the rise in Sandy after officer-involved shooting
- Salt Lake City police responds to shooting
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- New fire ignites in Spring Canyon in Carbon County
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Quantum computing of “great concern” to Rep. Chris Stewart, here’s why
- Unified Police looking for missing teen from Holladay
- Lawmakers embrace hackers in Vegas as 2020 election looms
- Monkeypox may be added to wastewater monitoring in near future
- Cottonwood Heights Police officers spend own money to help homeless woman
- Friends and climbers mourn a Utah man who died on Mt. Everest
- Rand Paul awarded more than $580K after neighbor’s attack