SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department announced Sunday it has made an arrest in a triple-shooting that occurred in downtown last month.
Authorities arrested 27-year-old Rene Mendoza on Friday. He has been booked into the Salt Lake County Jail under investigation for three counts of aggravated assault.
The investigation began on Aug. 27 when authorities received a 911 call of a shooting at 2:09 a.m. The shooting happened near 32 East Exchange Place.
According to police, Mendoza fled the scene before authorities could arrive. Detectives reviewed surveillance video of the incident to identify Mendoza.
All three of the shooting victims, ages 22, 25 and 31, survived.
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Arches ranger remembers warning Gabby Petito about toxic relationship
- The search for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, resumes today in the Carlton…
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- Law enforcement expert worries Moab’s investigation into Petito incident may be too narrow
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- FBI: Remains found in Wyoming belong to Gabby Petito
- Utah National Guard soldier dies in training exercises in Kentucky
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab plans to investigate police interaction with Gabby Petito, fiancé