ROY, Utah — A 911 call about a shooting in Roy came into police dispatch on Thursday at about 5:30 pm according to officials. When they arrived at the scene of 5100 South 1900 West, they found a woman with a bullet wound on her left side.
Master Officer Stuart Hackworth, the Public Information Officer for Roy City Police, said the woman was “conscious, breathing and alert.” She was able to give the name and description of the man who shot her.
Hackworth said the two people had a relationship, “What that relationship is, I don’t know. But they did know each other.”
Officers say the man fled the scene before they arrived. “Our patrolmen as well as assistance from other agencies, we were not only able to ID the man but locate him,” said Hackworth.
The man believed to be responsible for the shooting has not yet been identified, but Roy police say he is now custody. The woman was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home
- A motorcyclist is dead after crashing in West Jordan