Roy woman recovering from shooting, man arrested
ROY, Utah — A 911 call about a shooting in Roy came into police dispatch on Thursday at about 5:30 pm according to officials. When they arrived at the scene of 5100 South 1900 West, they found a woman with a bullet wound on her left side.
Master Officer Stuart Hackworth, the Public Information Officer for Roy City Police, said the woman was “conscious, breathing and alert.” She was able to give the name and description of the man who shot her.
Hackworth said the two people had a relationship, “What that relationship is, I don’t know. But they did know each other.”
Officers say the man fled the scene before they arrived. “Our patrolmen as well as assistance from other agencies, we were not only able to ID the man but locate him,” said Hackworth.
The man believed to be responsible for the shooting has not yet been identified, but Roy police say he is now custody. The woman was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- Child dies after hit and run in West Valley
- One man dead after shooting in Draper early Thursday morning
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah Attorney General asks for permission to appeal trigger law injunction
- Canyons School District starting the year with a teacher and staff shortage
- Feds removed documents from Mar-a-Lago in June with grand jury subpoena
- Utah business Lions Not Sheep responds to FTC fraud claims
- Two Tooele houses struck by lightning in yesterday’s storm
- Breeze Airways announces additional flights out of Provo Airport