I-15 closure to affect drivers through Cedar City for the next two nights
CEDAR CITY, Utah — Drivers heading through southern Utah for the next two nights should be aware of a scheduled road closure on I-15 that will divert them off the freeway.
The Utah Department of Transportation has scheduled work on a bridge for I-15 between exit 59 (200 North) and exit 62 (North Main) in Cedar City during the overnight hours of Tuesday, September 28 and Wednesday, September 29.
Cedar City I-15 closure
On Tuesday, southbound traffic will be diverted off I-15 and onto Main Street starting at 9 p.m. and detours signs will guide them south through Cedar City to 200 North where they can rejoin the freeway. That closure is expected to reopen by 6:00 on Wednesday morning.
Then on Wednesday night, northbound lanes will be closed at the 200 N exit starting at 9 p.m. and the detour will be reversed through the city until work is complete by 6 a.m. on Thursday.
This planned closure has already been postponed twice, and is subject to weather conditions permitting.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Stay Home
- The Queen Center
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Water regulators say lawn care is causing the most strain to state reservoirs, call on…