Businessman offers $50K reward for tips leading to Brian Laundrie
SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah businessman has offered a $50,000 reward for tips that lead to the apprehension of Brian Laundrie.
Reward offered for Brian Laundrie
A federal arrest warrant has been issued for Laundrie for banking activities that took place after the death of Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito, a woman he’d traveled with across the country during the summer of 2021.
Searchers found Petito’s body in the Bridger-Teton National Forest on Sept. 19, near a camping stop mapped out by Petito on an app called The Dyrt. She hadn’t been seen since late August.
Laundrie returned to his parent’s home in Florida driving Petito’s white van, and hasn’t been seen since mid-September.
Businessman steps up with reward money
Sean Whalen told KSL-TV‘s Ashley Mosley that he is a father himself and that this story is every father’s nightmare:
“Any child that’s taken, whether it’s in a car accident or whether it’s murder, your heart goes out to those people.”
Whalen told KSL-TV that he does not know the Petito family. But he said that doesn’t matter.
“All I need to know is that if it’s my nightmare it’s likely another father’s nightmare,” Whalen said.
Whalen told KSL-TV that anybody with tips should take them to the FBI or to the police first and then contact him on his Instagram account: @seanwwhalen
- National Park Service stonewalls public records in Gabby Petito case
- Parents of Gabby Petito speak as search for Brian Laundrie continues, announce new foundation
- The FBI-led search for Gabby Petito’s fiance is scaling back but becoming more targeted on intelligence, police say
- Gabby Petito case brings domestic violence to the forefront
- Petito case renews call to spotlight missing people of color
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?