Police asking for public help locating suspect in Taylorsville shooting
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Taylorsville City Police are asking for the public’s help locating a person of interest after a woman was killed in her home early Sunday morning.
Taylorsville PD officers responded to a shooting at a home located near 2300 W. 5200 S around 1 a.m.
“When officers arrived, they found an adult female with multiple gunshot wounds. The female was pronounced deceased on the scene by the Unified Fire department.
“Through the investigation, it was discovered that the suspect Manuel Omar Burciaga-Perea was in a domestic relationship with the victim,” reported the Taylorsville Police.
The victim has been identified as Gaby Ramos by neighbors, though police officers have yet to confirm.
The man police are looking for, Omar Burciaga-Perea, reportedly broke Ramos’ window, stormed off, and proceeded to open fire on Ramos.
Kelly Gonzalez, a neighbor of Ramos, told KSL TV that Gaby, “Called (police) and said, ‘I’m scared for my life.’ They had asked if he had left. She said yes but that she was scared, and they didn’t send anybody out here.”
Taylorsville PD reported that Omar Burciaga-Perea is 36-years-old and may be attempting to leave the state. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweater, blue jeans, and brown shoes with white soles.
The suspect was last spotted in a 2000 Chevy truck which is silver with a Utah license plate reading U405MN. Police advise the community to “please consider him armed and dangerous [emphasis added].”
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Suspect charged with murder in Aaron Lowe shooting
- Murray woman arrested for reportedly lying to police about deadly shooting
- 3 employees killed in a shooting at a postal facility in Memphis
- Layton Police looking for suspect after overnight shooting
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- Evacuations ordered amid fears of an explosion as an Ohio train continues burning days after…