CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Vernal authorities investigating an auto-pedestrian incident
Oct 30, 2021, 7:29 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 12:03 pm
(PHOTO: Courtesy of Getty Images)
VERNAL, Utah — Authorities in Vernal are investigating a Saturday morning auto-pedestrian accident that claimed the life of a 66-year-old man.
According to authorities, the incident occurred at 8 a.m. The victim was struck in the crosswalk of 500 West Main Street.
Once first responders arrived on scene, the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say there were several witnesses to the accident. Additionally, the investigation is ongoing.
No other information was available.
- 16-year-old killed in an auto-pedestrian collision in Layton
- Auto-pedestrian collision in Salt Lake City sends one to the hospital
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Not everyone is a fan of Utah’s new state flag
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse