Could this be the week that snow arrives in Utah?
SALT LAKE CITY — For those people who have been waiting for the arrival of snow, you may not be waiting for much longer.
According to the National Weather Service (NWS) out of Salt Lake City, there are two storms that are expected to impact Utah this week.
👀 Did you hear there are multiple storms next week?
A pattern change is coming!
Storm 1: mainly northern UT, Mon-Tues. Accumulations expected in the northern mtns
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) December 3, 2021
The first storm will produce accumulating snow in the northern mountains Monday evening into Tuesday. Light accumulation of snow in the valley is also possible with this storm.
The NWS also reports hazy conditions will continue in the northern valleys until at least Sunday morning. There will also be gusty winds in the Unita Basin on Sunday.
According to the NWS, the second storm will arrive late Wednesday, and will last through Friday. It potentially could impact the entire state.
The forecast by the meteorologists at KSL, says Salt Lake City has a 70% chance of seeing a mixture of rain and snow on Thursday. There is also a 40% chance of snow and rain on Friday in Salt Lake City.
Once the second storm leaves Utah on Friday, the cold will set in. The high in Salt Lake City next Saturday is forecasted to be 32, with a low of 18.
St. George won’t be impacted by the first storm. However, there is a 50% chance of rain in St. George on Thursday.
With the departure of the storm also comes cooler weather in southern Utah. The high in St. George next Saturday is forecasted to be 43 and the low of 29.
- October sets new record for snowfall in Utah, officials hoping for more
- Storms expected to help Utah snowpack, but we still need a lot more snow
Today’s Top Stories
- UTA releases video of the moments before woman was hit by FrontRunner
- FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says
- Family of Gabby Petito announces intent to file lawsuit against Moab Police
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Senate passes Democrats’ sweeping health care and climate bill
- Restrictions on golf courses, non-functional grass among Washington County strict water rules
- Olivia Newton-John, singer and actress, dies of breast cancer at 73
- Utah’s senators react to passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- Can the average Utahn afford to go solar?
- Speed Week on Bonneville Salt Falts is called off due to flooding from rain