Construction in West Valley City begins Monday
Dec 12, 2021, 6:02 PM
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley City officials went to social media this weekend to announce that construction at the Utah and Salt Lake Canal on 4700 South (located just west of 4000 West) will begin Monday.
City officials say that the canal is being completed ahead of bigger 4700 South reconstruction project. It will allow for work to be completed while the water is turned off during the winter.
It is expected that construction at the canal will be completed in next April. The larger 4700 South reconstruction projected is expected to begin next spring.
What to expect to for during construction?
- Travel will be down to one lane in each direction on 4700 South
- Construction crews will work Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Occasional weekend work is also expected
- During construction, access to all properties will be maintained
- It is anticipated there will be no impact to utilities (water, power, sewer)
- When traveling through the construction area, expect slower speeds and delays
For project information and updates, call 385-255-7772 or visit 4700SReconstruct.com.