Salt Lake City police investigating an overnight shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police are investigating an overnight shooting that left one man with minor injuries.
According to Brent Weisberg, a spokesman for Salt Lake City police, authorities received a call of a disturbance in the area of 134 W. Pierpoint Ave. at 1:59 a.m.
When authorities arrived on scene, they discovered one individual who had suffered a minor gunshot wound. The victim was an employee of Club Echo.
Authorities also say the injury was non-life threatening. The individual was treated at the scene and was released.
Through an investigation, police say a fight led up to the shooting. One person was taken into custody in connection with the fight. The shooter, however, remains at large.
Police believe there are people with information who left the area. Additionally, authorities are unsure if the shooting took place inside a building or outside.
Salt Lake City police is asking for the public’s assistance in this case. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call 801-799-3000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City