CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Search and rescue aids woman off trail above Timpanogos Cave
Jan 8, 2022, 8:44 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:50 am
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — Utah County Search and Rescue was called to assist a 59-year-old woman, who had slipped and fell on a trail near the Sawmill picnic area Saturday morning.
According to Sgt. Spencer Cannon, of the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, the incident happened just above Timpanogos Cave at 11:25 a.m. There were no specifics provided on how the woman fell or the injuries she suffered.
Search and rescue were already in the canyon for training exercises when the call came in.
Emergency personnel had the woman off of the mountain and into ambulance by 12:30 p.m.
- Busy weekend for Summit County Search and Rescue
- Weber County Search and Rescue helps stranded hunter off mountain
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful