Search and rescue aids woman off trail above Timpanogos Cave
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — Utah County Search and Rescue was called to assist a 59-year-old woman, who had slipped and fell on a trail near the Sawmill picnic area Saturday morning.
According to Sgt. Spencer Cannon, of the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, the incident happened just above Timpanogos Cave at 11:25 a.m. There were no specifics provided on how the woman fell or the injuries she suffered.
Search and rescue were already in the canyon for training exercises when the call came in.
Emergency personnel had the woman off of the mountain and into ambulance by 12:30 p.m.
- Busy weekend for Summit County Search and Rescue
- Weber County Search and Rescue helps stranded hunter off mountain
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions to the West
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Utah’s film festival screens an all-Utah cast for Marylin Monroe film