Search and rescue aids woman off trail above Timpanogos Cave
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — Utah County Search and Rescue was called to assist a 59-year-old woman, who had slipped and fell on a trail near the Sawmill picnic area Saturday morning.
According to Sgt. Spencer Cannon, of the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, the incident happened just above Timpanogos Cave at 11:25 a.m. There were no specifics provided on how the woman fell or the injuries she suffered.
Search and rescue were already in the canyon for training exercises when the call came in.
Emergency personnel had the woman off of the mountain and into ambulance by 12:30 p.m.
- Busy weekend for Summit County Search and Rescue
- Weber County Search and Rescue helps stranded hunter off mountain
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman