Unified Fire responds to fire at Macey’s Grocery Store
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — The Unified Fire Department responded to a fire at Macey’s Grocery Store, located at 1800 West 4700 South, on Wednesday afternoon.
According to emergency personnel, the fire was contained to the roof at the front of the store. Fire authorities also say that the fire did not extend into other areas of the store.
The store was evacuated and there no reports of injuries.
When fire crews arrived on scene, there was light smoke coming from the roof. According to fire officials, the fire was brought under control just before 6 p.m. Fire officials also say due to the extensive overhaul needed, crews will remain on scene for the next couple of hours.
Five agencies were involved in helping contain the fire.
A statement from Macey’s Grocery Store was released Wednesday evening. It read:
“As always, the safety of our team members and guests is our top priority and focus,” the statement read. “All guests and team members at our Taylorsville location are safe. Our team followed existing protocols and help was notified immediately. We are working closely with the fire department as they investigate the cause of the fire. We are so grateful for the rapid response of local fire departments, the quick actions of our store leader and team and the cooperation of our guests.”
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Additional information will be provided when it becomes available.
- Unified firefighter passes away from COVID-19 complications
- Unified Fire responds to wildfire at mouth of Parley’s Canyon
Today’s Top Stories
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- Utah gas prices spike, Governor blames regional supply
- Lawyers say new Petito photos prove Moab Police ignored evidence of abuse
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- One dead after four-vehicles crash on U.S. Highway-40
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high