Unified Fire responds to fire at Macey’s Grocery Store
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — The Unified Fire Department responded to a fire at Macey’s Grocery Store, located at 1800 West 4700 South, on Wednesday afternoon.
According to emergency personnel, the fire was contained to the roof at the front of the store. Fire authorities also say that the fire did not extend into other areas of the store.
The store was evacuated and there no reports of injuries.
When fire crews arrived on scene, there was light smoke coming from the roof. According to fire officials, the fire was brought under control just before 6 p.m. Fire officials also say due to the extensive overhaul needed, crews will remain on scene for the next couple of hours.
Five agencies were involved in helping contain the fire.
A statement from Macey’s Grocery Store was released Wednesday evening. It read:
“As always, the safety of our team members and guests is our top priority and focus,” the statement read. “All guests and team members at our Taylorsville location are safe. Our team followed existing protocols and help was notified immediately. We are working closely with the fire department as they investigate the cause of the fire. We are so grateful for the rapid response of local fire departments, the quick actions of our store leader and team and the cooperation of our guests.”
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Additional information will be provided when it becomes available.
- Unified firefighter passes away from COVID-19 complications
- Unified Fire responds to wildfire at mouth of Parley’s Canyon
Today’s Top Stories
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Justice Department brings new suits over sanctuary policies
- Utah Gov. turns 56 bills into new Utah laws, several involve Bears Ears