Tax Tuesday: Key Information Before the Filing Deadline
This article is presented by Mellor & Associates PLLC. Don’t miss “Tax Tuesdays,” as a CPA from Mellor & Associates joins Dave & Dujanovic every other Tuesday at 10:50 AM to help you save you money on your taxes.
Do you own or help run a small business? You might be leaving money on the table by not taking advantage of the Employee Retention Credit.
The Employee Retention Credit is a refundable tax credit that many businesses don’t know about. CPA Justin Mellor estimates as many as 50% of small business owners aren’t aware. Businesses can receive a credit of up to $5,000 per employee in 2020 and up to $21,000 per employee in 2021. That’s a potential refund of up to $26,000 per employee for a small business!
Wondering if your small business might qualify? Get a free consultation at UtahERC.com.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Biden administration kicks off student loan debt forgiveness process