Tax Tuesday: Key Information Before the Filing Deadline
This article is presented by Mellor & Associates PLLC. Don’t miss “Tax Tuesdays,” as a CPA from Mellor & Associates joins Dave & Dujanovic every other Tuesday at 10:50 AM to help you save you money on your taxes.
Do you own or help run a small business? You might be leaving money on the table by not taking advantage of the Employee Retention Credit.
The Employee Retention Credit is a refundable tax credit that many businesses don’t know about. CPA Justin Mellor estimates as many as 50% of small business owners aren’t aware. Businesses can receive a credit of up to $5,000 per employee in 2020 and up to $21,000 per employee in 2021. That’s a potential refund of up to $26,000 per employee for a small business!
Wondering if your small business might qualify? Get a free consultation at UtahERC.com.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- New bill could disrupt signature gathering path to Utah’s ballot