Orrin G. Hatch Foundation announces funeral plans for former senator
The foundation said the former senator would lie in state at the Utah State Capitol Rotunda on Wednesday, May 4.
The rotunda is located at 350 State Street in Salt Lake City. The service will be held from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Hatch’s funeral service will be held on May 6 at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Institute of Religion in Salt Lake City. Both services will be open to the public. KSL Newsradio will broadcast the funeral service live.
The institute is located at 1780 S. Campus Drive. The service begins at 1:00 p.m.
The Logan Herald-Journal reports Hatch will be buried with military honors at the cemetery in the Cache County town of Newton, where he and his wife Elaine own a burial plot.
Opinion: My personal memory of our former senior Senator, Orrin Hatch
Utah’s longest serving senator, Orrin Hatch, dies at 88
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Should the Bible be banned from school libraries?
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial in Utah enters third day