Orrin G. Hatch Foundation announces funeral plans for former senator
The foundation said the former senator would lie in state at the Utah State Capitol Rotunda on Wednesday, May 4.
The rotunda is located at 350 State Street in Salt Lake City. The service will be held from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Hatch’s funeral service will be held on May 6 at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Institute of Religion in Salt Lake City. Both services will be open to the public. KSL Newsradio will broadcast the funeral service live.
The institute is located at 1780 S. Campus Drive. The service begins at 1:00 p.m.
The Logan Herald-Journal reports Hatch will be buried with military honors at the cemetery in the Cache County town of Newton, where he and his wife Elaine own a burial plot.
Today’s Top Stories
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…