New Mexico BASE jumper dies in accident near Moab
GRAND COUNTY, Utah — A 27-year-old man from New Mexico died Thursday following a BASE jumping incident, according to the Grand County Sheriff’s Office.
According to officials, the incident took place at milepost 1 on SR-128, just three miles east of Moab. Once on scene, emergency personnel provided life-saving measures to an unresponsive male. The victim was later pronounced dead on the scene.
Due to the location of the incident, a helicopter from the Department of Public Safety was called in to assist in the removal of the body.
The victim has been identified as Jesus Miguel Diaz.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Missing girls from South Jordan found near San Diego
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- Anonymous man pays 12-person dinner bill at Bandit’s Grill and Bar