Study finds Japanese is most popular takeout in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — Have you ever wondered what the most popular type of takeout is? Well, a new study from a website called www.mealdeliveryexperts.com identifies the most popular type of takeout in each state, including Utah.
Most popular takeout
According to the study, Japanese is the most popular type of takeout in 11 states, including Utah.
Researchers conducting the study analyzed more than 18 years of data from Google trends to establish the most Googled type of takeout in each state in the country.
The study also found that Japanese food was the second most cuisine searched for on the internet. It was the most searched cuisine in 11 states, including California, Illinois, Texas and Virginia. Sushi was searched in the United States more than any other country in the world.
According to the study, searches for sushi in the United States reached 436% above the average world-wide.
In Utah, searches for ‘Sushi near me’ have gone up by 406%. According to Google data, the highest levels were seen in February 2022.
Search for American food
The study also found that nine states searched for American food the most, which included Massachusetts, Michigan and Ohio. Restaurants such as Applebee’s were popular in those regions.
Mexican food was searched the most in only Arizona. The study says Google searches for ‘Mexican food near me’ is on pace to surpass levels seen during the pandemic. Search volumes in May 2022 are 13.63% higher than the high point in May 2021, according to the study.
Interestingly enough, searches for Italian food were the most popular in only Kansas. Residents of Kansas searched on the internet for ‘Italian food near me’ which soared to 629% above the average volume.
The study also found that 15% of Americans picked pizza as their favorite comfort food.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Suspect in Wednesday’s I-15 shooting is named, booked into jail
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- US economy added a robust 263,000 jobs in November
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah