Sandy police report two child abduction attempts involving silver SUV
SANDY, Utah — The Sandy City Police Department has shared two photos on their social media accounts of a white male inside a silver Volkswagen Tiguan. The male reportedly tried to lure two children into the SUV.
Sandy police said the attempted child abductions happened on June 6 and June 9, 2022. Police said that both of the attempts occurred in the area of 11000 to 11400 South, east of 700 East, in Sandy.
As a reminder, police said that child abduction by a stranger is a rare occurrence. The much more common child abduction scenario involves a family member or somebody that the child knows.
Sandy police asked that anybody with information about this vehicle, its driver, or these attempts at child abduction contact them at 801-799-3000.
- Man accused of kidnapping 14-year-old Magna girl charged with a felony
- Missing Roosevelt 13-year-old found safe after meeting man on Oculus
- Suspect in custody following an alleged child abduction at the U of U hospital
- Missing girls from South Jordan found near San Diego
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital