Man stabbed at Tooele Walmart in stable condition
Jun 19, 2022, 8:57 PM
(Steve Griffin/Deseret News.)
TOOELE, Utah — A 40-year-old man is in stable condition after a stabbing in the Tooele Walmart on Sunday.
According to a Tooele City Police Department press release, officers responded to a report of an armed robbery at the store. Police say, two juvenile males, 14 and 15 years old, were attempting to steal beer.
Upon arrival, witnesses told responding officers that the suspects had fled westbound on foot. Police found the suspects in an apartment complex behind the Walmart. Following this, a short foot pursuit ensued.
Both males are being transported to Juvenile Detention on the charges of aggravated robbery, aggravated assault and failure to stop at the command of a police officer.
The customer was cut on an upper extremity. He was transported to a Tooele area hospital.
- Police release identities of those involved in fatal weekend stabbing in Kearns
- Man arrested after stabbing 2 women in Bountiful, planned to harm others
- Suspect arrested in connection to weekend stabbing, shooting in West Valley City
- Motorcyclist dead after crash in Tooele County
- Tooele couple arrested for abusive “discipline” of two boys