CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Woman killed in motorcycle crash in southern Utah
Jul 8, 2022, 10:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:29 am
PANGUITCH, Utah — A female motorcyclist died on Friday afternoon in a crash on SR-20 in southern Utah.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the crash occurred near milepost 11.5 at 12:50 p.m. The UHP says that portion of the highway has a downhill grade with a left-hand corner turn.
Based on its investigation, the UHP says it appears the motorcycle was driving too fast for the turn and slid off the right side of the road.
According to the UHP, the female was separated from the motorcycle and hit the guardrail. The female suffered fatal injuries and passed away at the scene. Her husband was traveling behind her at the time of the crash.
The UHP says the right lane of the highway was closed until about 4 p.m. Friday.
- Fatal motorcycle crash under investigation by SLCPD
- Washington County man dies in fatal motorcycle crash
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Herriman couple ‘lucky to be alive’ after socket smashes windshield
- Citing rising rivers, Sandy Mayor issues emergency declaration
- Public comment period approved for quarry in Parley’s Canyon
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Source: Congressman Chris Stewart will resign, special election dates not known