SALT LAKE CITY
Father killed in West Bountiful auto-pedestrian accident
WEST BOUNTIFUL CITY, Utah — A man is dead and his daughter is in the hospital after they were hit by a vehicle while riding bicycles on Thursday.
According to the West Bountiful Police Department, a pickup struck the pair as they traveled east on West Pages Lane. The truck reportedly drove off the roadway and onto the shoulder causing the accident.
Emergency responders pronounced 53-year-old Michael Roberts dead at the scene. Responders transported Roberts’ 17-year-old daughter to Primary Children’s Hospital in critical condition. She has since been upgraded to stable condition and is expected to survive.
Authorities took the driver to the hospital for evaluation. Police then arrested the suspect for suspicion of negligent automobile homicide and unsafe lane travel.
— WestBountiful PD (@WestBountifulPD) July 22, 2022
Related: Two auto-pedestrian accidents in Salt Lake City Wednesday morning, one of them fatal
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Drug Enforcement Administration warns of new substance appearing in Utah
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square will be joined by international singers this weekend
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Church leaders travel the world ministering to all people
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase