I-15 reopened after a semi-truck hauling kitchen appliances rolled
According to Sgt. Cameron Roden with UHP, “The driver was in critical condition and was airlifted from the scene. They opened the right lane just after 7 a.m. but the left lane is still closed.”
Roden did not have an estimate of the lane will reopen.
JUAB COUNTY, Utah — A semi-truck carrying household appliances rolled on northbound I-15 at MP 216, about 7 miles before Nephi.
The crash happened at 4:25 am Monday morning, blocking all northbound lanes. Utah Highway Patrol spokesman, Sgt. Cameron Roden said the driver was in critical condition.
A medical helicopter was called to airlift the driver. The right lane of I-15 opened just after 7 a.m. while crews clean up the truck and debris from the left lane.
Cameron said “We suspect he fell asleep, ran off road to the right. Rolled when he was coming back on the road.”
However, the investigation is ongoing. UDOT expects the left lane to remain closed until noon today.
I-15 NB is CLOSED north of Levan and south of Nephi due to a crash. A medical helicopter is landing on the freeway. People coming back from Southern Utah toward Salt Lake County need to expect delays. pic.twitter.com/WKpOnBNYij
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) July 25, 2022
- Crash on I-80 leaves one dead, closes westbound lanes
- Motorcyclist dead after rear-end collision on I-15
- Two people killed in two separate car crashes in Salt Lake City
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- Washington County authorities investigating shooting of seven cows
- Utah Little League player, after fall from bunk bed, is making progress
- Unified Police looking for missing teen from Holladay
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Three arrested for obstruction of justice in WinCo murder case
- Utah judge cancels hearing on trans athlete ruling in favor of written opinion