CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Utah Highway Patrol responds to serious vehicle crashes on I-70 and I-80
Jul 29, 2022, 9:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:29 am
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Highway Patrol responded to a pair of vehicle crashes Friday on I-70 and I-80.
Crash on I-70
According to the UHP, the incident, involving seven vehicles, occurred along I-70 near milepost 120 in Emery County at 4:06 p.m. The UHP reports there were injuries as a result of the crash. However, there were no fatalities.
All eastbound lanes of I-70 were closed well into Friday night. The UHP says traffic is being diverted at milepost 116.
I-70 is closed at mp 116 with traffic being diverted. UHP and UDOT are working to clear vehicles stuck in the back up. We are still anticipating another couple hours before we can open a lane.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) July 30, 2022
More information on this incident will be provided as it becomes available.
Vehicle crashes on I-80
The UHP also responded to a one-vehicle crash on westbound I-80 at milepost 136 Friday evening. The three right lanes on westbound I-80 were closed, as well as all of the eastbound lanes.
For unknown reasons, according to the UHP, a driver of a westbound vehicle lost control of the vehicle and went left. It rolled after hitting dirt in the median.
The UHP says a passenger in the back of the vehicle was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected. The UHP says the passenger landed in an eastbound lane of traffic. The passenger was transported to an area hospital with serious injuries.
The UHP says impairment is being investigated.
- One person killed in Richfield car crash; two others killed in Soldier Summit crash
- A minor crashes vehicle into 7-Eleven building
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple