Utah Highway Patrol responds to serious vehicle crashes on I-70 and I-80
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Highway Patrol responded to a pair of vehicle crashes Friday on I-70 and I-80.
Crash on I-70
According to the UHP, the incident, involving seven vehicles, occurred along I-70 near milepost 120 in Emery County at 4:06 p.m. The UHP reports there were injuries as a result of the crash. However, there were no fatalities.
All eastbound lanes of I-70 were closed well into Friday night. The UHP says traffic is being diverted at milepost 116.
I-70 is closed at mp 116 with traffic being diverted. UHP and UDOT are working to clear vehicles stuck in the back up. We are still anticipating another couple hours before we can open a lane.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) July 30, 2022
More information on this incident will be provided as it becomes available.
Vehicle crashes on I-80
The UHP also responded to a one-vehicle crash on westbound I-80 at milepost 136 Friday evening. The three right lanes on westbound I-80 were closed, as well as all of the eastbound lanes.
For unknown reasons, according to the UHP, a driver of a westbound vehicle lost control of the vehicle and went left. It rolled after hitting dirt in the median.
The UHP says a passenger in the back of the vehicle was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected. The UHP says the passenger landed in an eastbound lane of traffic. The passenger was transported to an area hospital with serious injuries.
The UHP says impairment is being investigated.
- One person killed in Richfield car crash; two others killed in Soldier Summit crash
- A minor crashes vehicle into 7-Eleven building
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo university hopes to reduce shortage of mental health practitioners
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Rudy Giuliani told by prosecutors he is a target in Georgia 2020 presidential election probe
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Member of Utah Little League team injured in fall from bunk bed
- Ikea customers can now win a candle that smells like its meatballs
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- Utah County authorities looking for woman involved in domestic violence incident
- UPDATE: Power is back on in Bountiful after power outage affected at least 5,200