Some Capri Sun products being recalled by Kraft Heinz
CHICAGO — Kraft Heinz has announced a voluntary recall of 5,000 plus cases of its Capri Sun Wild Cherry flavor.
The multinational food company is recalling approximately 5,760 cases of the product, according to a press release.
This recall follows the discovery of a diluted cleaning solution in the mixture of the Wild Cherry Capri Sun flavor. This cleaning solution is used to clean food processing equipment. The solution was “inadvertently introduced into a production line at one of our factories,” the company said in the press release.
Kraft Heinz did not specify what the solution is.
More information on the Capri Sun recall
Only the Capri Sun Wild Cherry products with the case/package information below are affected, according to the company.
- Product size — 6.6 fluid ounces
- Packaging — Individual pouches packed in paperboard cartons
- Manufacturer code on the pouches — 25JUN2023 WXX LYY ####
- Manufacturer code on the carton — 25JUN2023 WXX #### CT1404
- June 25, 2023 “use by” dates
Kraft Heinz advises those who have purchased the product to not consume them and return them to the store of purchase. The company is actively working with retailers to remove impacted products from circulation, according to the press release.
Consumers may contact Kraft Heinz at 1-800-2808252 to receive reimbursement or for more information. Alternatively, they can visit the Kraft Heinz website.
- 4moms infant swings and rockers recalled over strangulation danger
- Voluntary recall affects popular brands, Oatly, Premier Protein, Ensure
- Edgewell Personal Care Company issues voluntary recall of Banana Boat product
- Premier Protein, Glucerna among dozens of nutrition products recalled
- The newest, weirdest summer treat is a ketchup-flavored popsicle
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia