Delta Airlines flight experiences turbulence, injuring three passengers
Aug 26, 2022, 7:46 PM | Updated: 9:29 pm
(FILE: Wednesday, Aug. 18, 2021. Spenser Heaps/Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY — A Delta Airlines flight flying from Orlando to Salt Lake City hit turbulence causing a few injuries.
Anthony Black, a spokesperson for the airline, says Delta flight 394 experienced mild turbulence, mid-flight, Friday afternoon. The flight was transporting a total of 143 passengers and six crew members.
Upon hitting the mild turbulence, Black says, three passengers aboard sustained injuries. Following this, the flight continued to Salt Lake City, landing at Salt Lake City International Airport without incident.
Once aircraft A-321 landed, the three injured passengers were evaluated by airport paramedics. Two were released, while the other passenger was taken to an area hospital.
The injuries sustained by the three passengers are unknown at this time.
- ‘Multiple casualties’ reported after two planes collide over California airport, authorities say
- Breeze Airways announces additional flights out of Provo Airport
- Delta flight safely returns to SLC after experiencing engine trouble
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- More than 1,300 US flights canceled nationwide Monday, Dallas airports hard hit due to storms