Chalk the Walk sidewalk art festival to be held at Salt Lake County Library over the weekend
SALT LAKE CITY — Chalk the Walk sidewalk art festival is returning for the sixth year at the County Library Viridian Event Center.
On Saturday, from 2-6 p.m., you can participate for free in family-friendly activities and see chalk portraits, landscapes, optical illusions and more says the library’s website.
Utah’s best chalk artists will compete in one of three categories: teen, kids, or adult solo. A press release on the event said at the end of the festival judges will announce category winners.
Furthermore, fans can vote for the People’s Choice winner, which will be announced on Monday, Sep. 5.
“Chalk the Walk is one of our most popular events, with good reason,” said Viridian Event Center Assistant Manager Tayler Allen. “The artists put so much effort into their artwork, creating beautiful, complex drawings that crowds love.”
The registration date has passed to compete in the festival, attendance is free at the county library.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land
- New bill could disrupt signature gathering path to Utah’s ballot