Chalk the Walk sidewalk art festival to be held at Salt Lake County Library over the weekend
SALT LAKE CITY — Chalk the Walk sidewalk art festival is returning for the sixth year at the County Library Viridian Event Center.
On Saturday, from 2-6 p.m., you can participate for free in family-friendly activities and see chalk portraits, landscapes, optical illusions and more says the library’s website.
Utah’s best chalk artists will compete in one of three categories: teen, kids, or adult solo. A press release on the event said at the end of the festival judges will announce category winners.
Furthermore, fans can vote for the People’s Choice winner, which will be announced on Monday, Sep. 5.
“Chalk the Walk is one of our most popular events, with good reason,” said Viridian Event Center Assistant Manager Tayler Allen. “The artists put so much effort into their artwork, creating beautiful, complex drawings that crowds love.”
The registration date has passed to compete in the festival, attendance is free at the county library.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Chance of thunderstorms Thursday could affect BYU game
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- American Leadership Academy responds to homecoming incident
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Federal, state authorities warn of return of missed jury duty, outstanding warrant scam
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms