Victim in Clearfield shooting arrives at Davis hospital in critical condition
Sep 1, 2022, 8:00 AM | Updated: 1:10 pm
(photo courtesy Clearfield Police Department)
CLEARFIELD, Utah– A man was shot in a Clearfield cemetery Wednesday night and arrived at Davis Hospital in critical condition.
According to police reports, a witness called dispatch about screaming and alleged gunshots, along with the suspect telling the victim, “‘if you want to live, get in the vehicle.”
Witnesses reported an individual laying on the ground with gunshot wounds was seen getting inside a white pickup truck which fled the area. By time officers had arrived at the scene the car was gone.
Police were notified that the victim, a 39-year-old male, was admitted at Davis Hospital in Layton after being dropped off. He is believed to be in critical condition but is expected to survive.
Layton Police said they found the white pickup truck and conducted a high-risk traffic stop on Antelope Drive near I-15. The suspect, also a 39-year-old male was found and detained.
Police are working to interview both the victim and the suspect. Because no officers were at the scene, any witnesses are asked to reach out to Clearfield Police.
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Layton man taken into custody for allegedly recording women in restroom