Victim in Clearfield shooting arrives at Davis hospital in critical condition
Sep 1, 2022, 8:00 AM | Updated: 1:10 pm
(photo courtesy Clearfield Police Department)
CLEARFIELD, Utah– A man was shot in a Clearfield cemetery Wednesday night and arrived at Davis Hospital in critical condition.
According to police reports, a witness called dispatch about screaming and alleged gunshots, along with the suspect telling the victim, “‘if you want to live, get in the vehicle.”
Witnesses reported an individual laying on the ground with gunshot wounds was seen getting inside a white pickup truck which fled the area. By time officers had arrived at the scene the car was gone.
Police were notified that the victim, a 39-year-old male, was admitted at Davis Hospital in Layton after being dropped off. He is believed to be in critical condition but is expected to survive.
Layton Police said they found the white pickup truck and conducted a high-risk traffic stop on Antelope Drive near I-15. The suspect, also a 39-year-old male was found and detained.
Police are working to interview both the victim and the suspect. Because no officers were at the scene, any witnesses are asked to reach out to Clearfield Police.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- Letters from death row: The writing campaign of Doug Lovell
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation